Pair this hearty side dish with your favorite cut of meat for a well-rounded dinner anytime of year.
- 1 bag (1.5 pound) petite red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- Cook potatoes in large pot of salted, boiling water for 10-12 minutes, or until tender. In the last 2 minutes of cooking, add green beans to pot.
- Meanwhile, whisk together shallots, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. While whisking continuously, gradually drizzle in olive oil until combined. Drain cooked potatoes and green beans and transfer to bowl with dressing. Add capers, dill and chives, and toss to combine.